Yellowstone Ski Haus is a singular combination of spectacular location & thoughtful functional design, with an artists touch…
Meticulous attention to detail define this year-round home at the top of The Pass, minutes from 4 ski areas (Alpental, Ski Acres, Hyak, and Snoqualmie, collectively known as The Pass Ski Area). Yellowstone Ski Haus is only a 1 mile from the Pacific Crest Trail, Alpine Lakes Wilderness & other major hiking destinations, as well as mountain biking. To top it off, just 500 feet behind the property is year round Denny Creek, that flows through the property boundary.
Enter this one of a kind custom built home through a spectacular front door, with an embedded sculptured metal mountain scene on both the exterior and interior panels, set into Juniper wood built by Legacy Forge Millwork and Doors. Inside you’ll find the living room, dining area, and kitchen. The kitchen was remodeled in 2013 leaving no stone unturned. Anchoring the kitchen is the coveted Williams Sonoma La Cornue range with a combination gas stove top, electric oven, a chefs dream come true. Towering above the range, the exhaust hood is a custom hammered copper hood venting to the exterior of the home.
Expansive grant counter tops make up the hard surface for food prep and serving, completed by custom built knotty hickory cabinets. Appliances are rounded off by a stainless steel Samsung side-by-side refrigerator and freezer. Accentuating the kitchen and bringing marvelous texture to the space is a wrapping Chinese soap stone dry stack stone. The kitchen is truly a work of art with a metal sculpture pinecone scene set into counter face, as well as the sink (which is a custom stainless steel farmhouse sink with a sculpted Cascade Mountain Range design set in the face.
Snuggle up to the fireplace, keeping the home warm and toasty! Ample windows allow natural light to fill this space, with vaulted ceilings bringing depth. A dining area off the living room is a perfect place to enjoy a meal. Off the rear of the home is a covered 12’x 22’ porch (1 of 3 covered outdoor living spaces) complete with an Italian Wood Fired Pizza Oven. This outdoor living space offers views of the landscape, outdoor fire pit area behind the home as well as the tree house. This is a perfect space for larger gatherings.
Off the front of the home is the upper deck. This hide away is ideal for an intimate evening for two while looking at the local ski area lights, as well as simply relaxing in the summer with a book. Both the front and rear entry deck has a built in grate to remove snow and outside debris from shoes, and when lifted allows access to under-deck storage in the winter months.
The basement contains a laundry room, with a washer and dryer that stay with the home, an extra refrigerator and multiple pantry cabinets for extra storage. Basement also has an office space, with walk out door. Home is equipped with a video security system included along with monitored smoke and intrusion alarm system.
Pass through the 60 foot covered breeze way connecting the home and garage, which also has a separate and private entrance. The owner has plywood cover panels (staying with the home) used to prevent snow and weather from coming in during the winter months, providing weather free access between the buildings. The garage is ideal with plenty of storage, a 2 vehicle bay, automatic openers, as well as living space above, perfect ADU, or guest quarters. The apron of the garage has plenty of guest parking, as well as an ideal location for an RV along side of the home.
The backyard is a true playground for kids of all ages! Enjoy an evening around the hand made raised stone fire pit which provides up close heat without the distraction of smoke. Exceptional for family marshmallow roasts. The flat round design of the fire bowl allows water and melting snow to drain though the center, do a below grade french drain. Off in the distance an old ski lift chair swing allows views of the fire pit space and back deck of the home!
As if all that were not enough, the property has a three tree, 200+ sq’ tree house perched in the forest directly off the back yard. This escape in the tree’s boasts a full covered deck, sleeping loft, and electricity for heat. An installed propane camp cook stove for coffee or hot chocolate. The windows are from a cabin built in the 1950s with clear fir beams from a 1912 building. A propane fire pit graces the deck. Lighting is provided by batter powered lanterns giving the cabin a true outdoor treehouse camping feel. Design inspired by professional tree house builder Tree House Pointe and Tree House Masters out of Fall City. Get out and explore nature! Walk another 500 feet on the meandering trail to the creek front!
All in all this property is turn-key ready for year round adventures, from skiing, mountain biking, hiking, fishing, or exploring the Pacific Crest Trail, you can do it all from Yellowstone Ski Haus!
By the numbers:
- Built in 1997
- 42,500 sq’ property
- 2362 sq’ (Home has been measured by a licensed and bonded contractor)
- 60’ covered breezeway
- 3 outside covered decks (12×22 rear deck)
- 1000 gallon propane tank (underground)
- Usage is approximately 500 gallons per year.
- 200 sq’ tree house made between 3 trees (design was inspired by Tree House Pointe/Tree House Masters in Fall City- owner spent a week with this team building tree houses)
- One owner
- Built in 1997
- Custom built Juniper Wood front entry door with sculpted metal mountain, built by reckonwn Legacy Forge Millwork and doors.
- Built in grate at entries for snow removal
- Covered deck
- Wood fired pizza oven (with a provided small wood splitter) and fruit wood stored under the deck.
- Security system
- Granite counter
- Wiliams-Sonoma La Cournue range
- Gas top stove and electric oven
- Samsung side by side fridge
- Chinese soap stone clad wall brining texture to the kitchen
- Stainless steel farmhouse sink (custom)
- Exhaust hood custom built (hammered)
Basement (fully finished)
- Washer and dryer
- Multiple pantry cabinets
- Mechanical room
2 Car Detach Garage
- One bed/one bath
- 2 car garage
- Ample storage
- Hand made raised stone fire pit (designed so water drains through the center, not accumulating)
- Zip lines
- Garden box’s
- Paved driveway
- A frame shed and compost bin
- An RV dump site is in the rear of the house
- The garden boxes, compost bin and “A frame” shed on the neighboring lot are all available for the exclusive use of the buyer though a neighborly agreement document provided by the seller.
- Driveway paved for ease of snow removal
- Street maintained and plowed by Kittitas county road crews
- Front porch (full covered) with propane fire pit
- Windows were repurposed from a cabin built in the 1950’s
- Sleeping loft
- Installed cook top stove (for hot chocolate)
- With in one mile to the fire station
- Snoqualmie Pass Utilities water and sewer
- Water is pure and untreated by chemicals, annual water report provided by utility company
- Street maintained by county
- Waste Mngmt. garbage
- Cable: Snoqualmie Pass Cable
- Phone: Century Tel